1. JEWELRY MATERIALS :
Iris Jewelry is manufactured in Brazil. All our products are 18K gold filled. Gold filled jewelry is NOT gold jewelry and that's why our products deserve special care, so kindly follow our recommendations to ensure they remain beautiful and last longer.
Gold filled jewelry also known as "GF" consists of a solid layer of gold that is bonded with heat and pressure to a base metal such as brass. GF jewelry is made by taking 8 sheets of 18k gold over a base of metal and brass (copper and zinc). To the naked eye, our 18k gold filled jewelry has the same appearance as solid 18k gold, and is far more durable than gold plated jewelry, even with daily use, our nickel-free 18k gold-filled jewelry will last. As a general rule, if you are able to wear 18k solid gold jewelry, you will likely not have an issue with our pieces.
1.1 WHAT´S GOLD FILLED?
Gold filled jewelry also known as "GF" are made by heat- and pressure-bonding a layer of karat gold to a brass (or other base metal) core.
The value of gold-filled is greater than gold-plated because gold-filled has an actual layer of karat gold on the surface, not just a microscopic film, as is the case with gold-plated items.
2. JEWELRY CARE:
Gold-filled jewelry should be stored in a dry place. The outside layer is karat gold, so it will not tarnish as quickly as sterling silver. However, tarnishing elements act very quickly depending on the pH of your skin and the care you take of your jewelry. Knowing the pH of your skin can make all the difference. An acidic pH level in the body will also be manifested through your skin, causing specific reactions with any jewelry that comes in direct contact with it. The pH levels of your skin can cause specific reactions between your skin and your chosen jewelry. Sulfur and amino acids found in perspiration will cause discolorations either on your skin (making it green) or your jewelry. If your sweat has a highly acidic characteristic, chances are, the pieces you’re wearing will tarnish.
1. We recommend that customers remove jewelry before going to bed or participating in physical activity. Remove jewelry prior to bathing or swimming.
2. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals or environments will result in compromising the integrity of your jewelry. This includes the following: perspiration, cleaning agents, chlorine, salt water, harsh chemicals, perfumes, lotions.
3. Never use abrasive products to clean your jewelry. They can damage your jewelry irreparably. We recommend you to invest in a jewelry cleaner or you can use baby shampoo and plain water.
4. Humidity is the enemy ; always remember to keep your jewelry dry. Store your pieces inside the jar and keep the plastic bag we provided you with your purchase , this way you will be able to storage your jewelry individually and protect your jewelry from scratches.
5. Pay attention to the area you use your perfume, hairspray and other types of liquids or lotion. Harsh chemicals can tarnish your jewelry overtime.
6. We´re aware that in same cases the PH of the skin has a huge influence so we provide you a 1 year warantee regarding color changes issue.
2.2 JEWELRY CLEANER:
1. Spray the product uniformly directly on the jewelry at close distance ;
2. Wait 15 seconds to 20 seconds ;
3. Rinse abundantly with water ;
4. Wipe your jewelry with tissue paper or soft cloth ;
Our jewelry cleaner is perfect to remove the day-to-day dirt, grease, hair spray, perfume, hand lotion, and anything else that can cause your jewelry to appear dull or cloudy. Our cleaner will quickly bring the shine and brilliance , of your jewelry , back.